Military Operations Specialist
Serve as a domain and functional subject matter expert to develop, coordinate, and execute interactions with military services, combatant commands, and other government agencies. Display operational expertise in the evaluation and understanding of strategies, plans, and policies, and future concepts for operations throughout the DoD, military service, and other government agencies. Coordinate with internal staff sections and technical offices and external organizations and agencies to ensure that DARPA program managers are aware of the technological needs of and have access to the DoD, military services, and other government agencies. Display expertise in analyses, recommendations, and product drafts for the development of written and oral presentations for senior DoD members, military services, and other government agency leadership and staff. Travel as part of a liaison team for visits to DoD installations and organizations at selected science and technology activities and meetings with Navy stakeholders.
* 10+ years of experience with the DoD or military
* 10+ years of experience with military operations
* Experience as a staff officer in DoD headquarters, military service, or combatant command
* Knowledge of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS)
* Knowledge of the service’s organizational culture and structure
* Ability to translate warfighter needs and articulate capability gaps
* Ability to discuss current and projected acquisition programs within respective services
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and common service-specific Web functions and uses
* An active Top Secret clearance is required
* BA or BS degree
* Experience with providing support for DARPA
* MA or MS degree
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Matching 401K Plan
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Flex Time
- Comp Time
Barone Consulting is a scientific, engineering and technical operations support firm providing high-end technical consulting to mission critical government challenges. Barone provides services across a wide range of technical fields to the military, DoD, R&D, and intelligence communities. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges in aerospace and defense, and are committed to turning the science fiction of today into the reality of tomorrow. Barone Consulting provides solutions across a range of technical areas by identifying, analyzing, and developing novel technologies and methodologies for current and new program development.
If interested in discussing this opportunity or others, send an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Barone Consulting is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.