The successful candidate will provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) support to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Fields of expertise may include (but are not limited to) AMO sensors, optics, integrated photonics, and semiconductor lasers. The candidate will support a DARPA Program Manager in all technical aspects of program development and execution, including: planning; solicitation preparation; proposal/publication evaluation; independent review, analysis, and summary of relevant research; interaction with individuals from academia, industry and government; preparation and presentation of briefing materials, technical reports, and other program documents as required; and respond to other general tasks. The candidate will identify, assess, prioritize, and offer recommendations on proposed and emerging technologies to program manager and performers. This position does not entail direct laboratory experimental research.
Individuals will be expected to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment as well as take direction and work independently. Individuals must demonstrate exceptional professionalism, organizational skills, and the ability to multi–task effectively.
Job requires interaction with government customers at all levels of authority and technical acuity, and therefore the individual must be able to effectively communicate technical information with proficient oral and writing skills. Due to the fast-paced environment, individuals must have dedicated work ethic; be flexible; and show initiative, creativity, and innovation to both develop new research concepts and respond to challenges that arise on the job.
* M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related area with 5+ years relevant work experience.
* Ph.D. and peer-reviewed publications in the candidate’s field of expertise are highly desirable.
* Ability to maintain focus and productivity in a rapidly paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Must possess an active DoD security clearance and/or have the ability to obtain and retain a security clearance.
* Travel up to 25% may be required.
* Expertise in integrated photonics, applied/experimental AMO physics, semiconductor physics, or related field.
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Matching 401K Plan
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Flex Time
- Comp Time
Barone Consulting is a scientific, engineering and technical operations support firm providing high-end technical consulting to mission critical government challenges. Barone provides services across a wide range of technical fields to the military, DoD, R&D, and intelligence communities. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges in aerospace and defense, and are committed to turning the science fiction of today into the reality of tomorrow. Barone Consulting provides solutions across a range of technical areas by identifying, analyzing, and developing novel technologies and methodologies for current and new program development.
If interested in discussing this opportunity or others, send an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barone Consulting is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.