DARPA Systems Engineer
Barone Consulting is currently seeking talented, enthusiastic, and dynamic systems engineers to work closely with DARPA Program Managers as well as high level personnel throughout the government and industry research and development communities. Applicants must be strong in systems engineering and possess superior oral and written communications skills. Candidates should be self-starters capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Travel is required.
* Identifying and translating user requirements into specific technology/system research and development objectives.
* Defining system architectures and supporting subsystem performance requirements; and generating transition agreements.
* Conducting quantitative analyses of system mission requirements as they pertain to the development of advanced technologies; evaluate alternatives and trade-offs; conduct cost-benefit analyses; and investigate compatibility, interoperability, and integration with existing systems.
* Supporting program experimentation and testing efforts, including preparation of experiment/test plans; coordination with performers, government agents, ranges and test facilities; implementation and inspection of safety requirements within the time frame requested.
* Developing and preparing documentation and accompanying briefing materials for senior management and stakeholders within DARPA as well as the services and industry.
* Assisting in the development and transition of technology and systems to the DoD and commercial user community by supporting the activities of on-going and future work and through familiarity with the interaction of the technology/system program and the respective community at large.
* BS in Engineering or Science field
* An active Secret clearance is required
* Experience in commercial or defense-related technology research and/or development programs is preferred
* Familiarity with systems engineering processes and procedures
* Ability to provide practical and creative solutions in a demanding work environment
* Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Active TS is required with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
* BS in Engineering field and at least 8 years of experience, or MS in Engineering or Science field and at least 5 years of experience
* Military and/or DARPA program support experience
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Matching 401K Plan
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Flex Time
- Comp Time
Barone Consulting is a scientific, engineering and technical operations support firm providing high-end technical consulting to mission critical government challenges. Barone provides services across a wide range of technical fields to the military, DoD, R&D, and intelligence communities. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges in aerospace and defense, and are committed to turning the science fiction of today into the reality of tomorrow. Barone Consulting provides solutions across a range of technical areas by identifying, analyzing, and developing novel technologies and methodologies for current and new program development.
If interested in discussing this opportunity or others, send an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barone Consulting is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.