Barone Consulting is seeking candidates in the biological sciences, with expertise in cell and molecular Biology, biochemistry, microfluidics, genomics, bioinformatics and/or data analytics, computational biology including computational virology and modeling of both deterministic and stochastic components. Candidates are also needed with expertise in marine biology, synthetic biology including technology assessment, bioengineering and/or biosecurity, genetic and genomic approaches to agricultural production. Successful candidates will support technology evaluations, program planning, background research and bibliographic research, meeting preparation, and presentation production. The candidates may also provide inputs to DARPA PMs, assisting in responses to internal/external inquiries related to the research. They will assist in concept development, assessment and risk identification, as well as make recommendations for new programs and Program Objective Memorandum (POM) development. In carrying out associated technical and program management responsibilities, successful candidates may make technical analyses to help define, assess, and monitor new and emerging research opportunities, as well as to identify potential new thrust ideas for the office, provide technical guidance and expertise on potential technical risk, and potential program impact of failure. Candidates will apply technical expertise to ongoing programs to include input at quarterly reviews, site visits, demonstrations, and other events; provide recommendations to mitigate technical risk and potential program impact of failure; provide independent assessments of results of laboratory and other tests conducted by the performers. They may provide support as needed in scientific reviews to include providing input as to the technical strengths and weakness of BAA proposals, drafting and updating RDDS narratives, congressional staff briefings, and other related inquiries from outside agencies. The majority of this work will be unclassified; however, all contractor personnel who sit onsite must have a minimum of a SECRET clearance. Occasional travel of up to week’s duration away from DARPA HQ, Arlington, VA, may be required.
* Masters of Science or Art degree in Biology, Neuroscience, Chemistry, Engineering and/or Mathematics.
* Candidates must have at least seven years of experience at progressively more difficult levels in planning and developing technical projects of a research and development (R&D) nature, concerned with unique or controversial problems which have an important effect on major Department of Defense programs.
* Demonstrated skill in conceiving, planning and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity requiring unconventional or novel approaches and sophisticated research techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently on research and development (R&D) engineering problems and methods, and to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
* Demonstrated experience in the use of advanced techniques, theories, precepts, and practices in one or more BTO technical areas is desired.
* At least five years extensive experience, background and knowledge of one or more DARPA programs are highly desirable.
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Matching 401K Plan
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Flex Time
- Comp Time
Barone Consulting is a scientific, engineering and technical operations support firm providing high-end technical consulting to mission critical government challenges. Barone provides services across a wide range of technical fields to the military, DoD, R&D, and intelligence communities. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges in aerospace and defense, and are committed to turning the science fiction of today into the reality of tomorrow. Barone Consulting provides solutions across a range of technical areas by identifying, analyzing, and developing novel technologies and methodologies for current and new program development.
If interested in discussing this opportunity or others, send an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Barone Consulting is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.